Blog for budding Sheikhspeares entering National Novel Writing Month 2006

October 31, 2006

An "honorary" entrant

Because I already started this book, which I have been supposedly writing for the past year and a half, I am using NaNoWriMo as a way to disclipline myself to try and write 50,000 words on it.

This is against the rules and the spirit of NaNoWriMo, I know, but this is my first novel, and I am only ten thousand words in. So I'm not entering officially, but will take part in an honorary way alongside regular (legal!) entrants.

A big part of me would like to try the write-it-all-from-scratch approach, and I'm kind of envious of those starting with a clean slate who can create something entirely new, but on the other hand it's getting to the "now or never" stage for my book.

November is going to be a month of discipline for me in several ways:

1. 50,000 words on my novel
2. At least 30 lunges per day (gotta build up some skiing muscles)
3. A strict healthy eating diet

Let's see how many of the three I can stick to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home