Blog for budding Sheikhspeares entering National Novel Writing Month 2006

October 31, 2006

Notes on the bus

It's funny how inspiration will suddenly hit you. Sitting on the bus to Dubai yesterday a few ideas came into my head on how to start my novel. An Indian guy wanted to get off the bus and Wasl hospital and while he was waiting at the door I 'clocked' his 'gold' watch(terrible, I know) and noticed that the time was wrong. This started me thinking that maybe it could be because he's crossed a time zone and that he hasn't bothered to change it yet or that maybe he doesn't even want to because his heart is still in that place. Then I looked again and noticed that the time was way out, India would only be an hour ahead so maybe he's come from Bangkok..hmm... Then I realise that maybe the thing has just stopped and he's wearing it as a piece of jewellary and it will be the right time for two minutes every day.

2 Comments:

Blogger secretdubai said...

I'm sure there are far more juicy things going in Al Ain that would make a great novel... albeit more Jackie Collins than a lofty Booker Prize winning tome, but all the more readable for it...

*notices strange rustling in the palm trees*

01 November, 2006 01:26

 
Blogger Al Ain Taxi said...

Oh that stuff, yeah there's loads of that, including the famous Al Ain 'key parties'.

The Ice Storm's key party will have nothing on mine, I'm telling ya.

06 November, 2006 18:33

 

Post a Comment

<< Home