Blog for budding Sheikhspeares entering National Novel Writing Month 2006

November 13, 2006

Struggling on

Well I didn't do very well last night, because I was so tired I actually starting falling asleep at my keyboard. I had intended to write until 5am, but I gave up at 4am with just 1012. That brought the total to 18,037.

Today I had hoped to try and make up all the shortfall. Yeah, right. I managed to do 2450 though, which is just over target. I really understand now why they nag you to write at least 2,000 a day at the start. As soon as you lose pace, it's a disaster. The missing words just hang over you like the dark axe of doom. My total is 20,987. It should be 24,000. That's one hell of a lot of catch up to do. Plus I'm losing inspiration and getting more and more tired. And it's showing in my prose, which is so tortured and turgid I can't even bring myself to post any here.

/sad lament over

2 Comments:

Blogger RomanceWriter said...

You are farther along than I am. I'm just under 18,000. I keep hoping for one day when I write like crazy but it hasn't happened yet. I am not giving up though! Good luck to you.

Sara

13 November, 2006 06:05

 
Blogger snow white said...

You really are dragging me, kicking and screaming, through the words. I'm just over 18,500 words and teeter by being inspired by your total and plain depressed.

13 November, 2006 12:43

 

Post a Comment

<< Home