Blog for budding Sheikhspeares entering National Novel Writing Month 2006

November 01, 2006

They're off!

I have started here in Europe: will be setting my alarm at 6am every day to write before work and have set myself a deadline of a minimum of 2,000 words a day. Have written 1,677 in this morning's session, despite having arrived at work so early (eager beaver) that the office was still locked and I had to sit outside and wait!!!

My boss is being fantastic: even though this is the craziest month of the year for work, she's really excited and even said that she wanted me to publish the finished article (how's that for misplaced confidence!) and knew some literary agents in the States. Ummm not sure that my first line is high-brow enough for an agent : "Mixing sambuca and the YMCA was always going to lead to trouble."

If anyone has any ideas for what I can call my city (supposedly the next Dubai but I'm renaming to cover my arse) it would be greatly appreciated.

1 Comments:

Blogger B.D. said...

Sounds good. Let's challenge each other. I'm at 1726 for my first day's effort!

01 November, 2006 16:59

 

Post a Comment

<< Home